Monday, August 17, 2009

A new idea and an old one amended

It is blatantly obvious that I’m new to blogging and I’d be foolish to think that everything I write is interesting to everyone. I do hope on the odd occasion something I write is appealing to someone.

Earlier in the piece I announced a regular feature that I titled ‘ponder this’ and committed to weekly contributions that for a fortnight I upheld. Sadly I’ve been short on ponderings lately but rather than scrap the feature I’m going to back down from the weekly commitment opting to instead post them if and when they spring to mind.

In addition to the ‘ponder this’ feature I’ve also decided on another regular segment. It is funny that I refer to it like a column piece or regular portion of a live television show but the term seems fitting so I’m going to continue the analogy.

With the rise in digital communities face to face communication is often emulated among participants with a range of pseudo standard textual abbreviations or expressions. While the most common might be the humble another dominate abbreviation is lol. Expressed in increasingly more forms my latest regular feature wants to play homage to the idea of laughing out loud.

Fun-otes will be random pieces of text I’ve read somewhere during the week that pry an audibly affectionate sound from my stone interior. Obviously the love child of Funny Quotes I hope they spread a little mirth to any who stumble across them ...

No comments:

Post a Comment