Tuesday, August 11, 2009

AFL Ladder OpenSocial Gadget


It has been a week since I finished developing the first version of my AFL Ladder Gadget. A full round of games have been won, lost and drawn and like clock work the ladder is still up to date. I know it may not look like much but its doing a fair bit or work behind the scenes. Parsing an xml document of the ladder and then rearranging the data into the html table you see on the side pane.


It's uses the OpenSocial Gadget API and is hosted on my MobileMe site. Gadgets are written in a module language using XML that wraps HTML and JavaScript. Sites such as iGoogle, orkut and you guessed it blogger are all containers that support OpenSocial gadgets.


I'm yet to decide if I will submit my gadget to Google and need to make a few tweaks here and there before I do regardless.


For anyone who is interested in using it on their own site please get in contact with me and I can provide the existing url or the code base if you'd like to host it yourself.


Go Dons ...

No comments:

Post a Comment