Thursday, July 23, 2009

So that’s a wrap.

Now I can see how one might fear that after a single post that I’m throwing in the towel. I’m actually referring to the fact that my wife and I watched our last episode of Arrested Development last night, the finale to season 3 and the whole series in general.

It is probably one of the more unique comedies ever produced by American screen writers. I found your usual run of the mill American comedy will have around two maybe three plot lines per episode. The main two characters are followed and auxiliary characters provide support comedy and a change of pace.
This just isn’t the case with Arrested Development sure they lean on ‘series’ wide jokes to add to the laughs they still manage to set up a barrage of events between characters only to have them interweave in unpredictable ways come the end of that episode.

It really is refreshing to see such good consistent writing evident to even a layman such as myself. It seems I'm not the only one the show impressed with it snagging a number of Emmy awards and a Golden Globe.

I'll be keeping an eye out for the creater of the show Mitchell Hurwitz previous and future works. If you’re yet to check it out I highly recommend all three seasons ...

No comments:

Post a Comment