Monday, July 27, 2009

New life for an old beast

Only the very keen observer of my gdgt widget or friends and family would know I have an old HP laptop and the old girl is about to get a new breath of life. It’s noisy and heavy and the track-pad doesn’t work but I maxed out the RAM a while ago and it still has enough grunt to be useful. So I’ve ordered a new battery online and am keenly anticipating delivery in a fortnight or so.

It’ll be lucky if it gives me two hours and that is really laughable compared to the seven hours my wife’s new MacBook Pro can churn out, but it is a damn site cheaper than buying a new rig. Besides it will give me more time to find ways of justifying a new laptop and what is more convincing than using your old one in to the ground ...

No comments:

Post a Comment